ADDA (Attention Deficit Disorder Association) helps adults with ADHD live better lives. Do you believe in ADDA’s mission? Do you want to help the adult ADHD community? We’re looking for volunteers. You could be on the front lines making a difference in our community and changing people’s lives.
Volunteering with ADDA is such a positive experience, people count it as a benefit of ADDA membership! ADDA volunteers explore their strengths, pursue their passions and unleash their creativity. We love results. And we love people who achieve results while marching to the beat of their own drum. Out of the box thinker? We’re ADDA! What’s a box?
Volunteering for ADDA can help you find new friends, reach out to a community where you feel right at home, learn new skills in a stress-free environment and even advance your career. Volunteering even improves your mental and physical health! (And who among us doesn’t need some of that!?)
Show Me Volunteering Opportunities Now
Learn Why ADDA’s the Best Place to Volunteer
Life can be a lonely, seemingly-endless struggle. Battle that loneliness by volunteering with ADDA. Connect with your community and improve it for everyone. Volunteering benefits you and your family as much as it benefits ADDA. You’ll make new friends, expand your network, build your resume, and boost your social skills.
Liberate Your Inner Wallflower
Volunteering with ADDA will boost your self-confidence, self-esteem and overall satisfaction. Work with your strengths and experience success. Helping others and making things better for your community gives you a sense of accomplishment. The better you feel about yourself, the better you feel about your life, your future goals and your ability to realize your dreams.
Do What You Love
Volunteering for ADDA is a fun and easy way to explore your interests and passions. It’s a relaxing, energizing escape from your daily routine. Volunteering also renews your creativity, motivation and vision, which will carry over into your personal and professional life.
You will have a richer and more enjoyable volunteering experience if you work with your strengths and pursue your passions. (Of course, if you don’t know what your strengths and passions are, volunteering is a great way to discover them!) What you would enjoy doing, or what would you like to try? We’re sure we have just the fit for you!
Opportunities for Growth
When you volunteer with ADDA, you can start small, but there’s plenty of room for growth. Explore new areas and test your skills safely while developing leadership skills.
Most importantly, have fun! The best volunteer experiences benefit both the volunteer and the organization. We consider ourselves a fun bunch!
ADDA is Currently Recruiting Volunteers for the Following Positions
ADDA is seeking a volunteer Volunteer Recruiter. ADDA’s Volunteer Recruiter will create what we hope will become the “Volunteer Pipeline.” Do you excel at sourcing volunteer candidates? Can you find creative ways to attract talent? Do you think you’d be good at it? Would you like the chance to become good at it?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and posting job descriptions
- Identifying candidates and conducting phone or video conference interviews
- Managing the applicant tracking system
- Following up with applicants
- Scheduling final interviews with committee chairs and project leaders
- Will commit to ADDA’s mission and work
- A clear, articulate, communicator in both and written and oral communication
- Have strong time management skills and will keep improving them!
- You have developed strong skills in planning and organizing
- Are ready to learn to track data on volunteers and update our database.
You are someone who:
- Builds relationships to advance ADDA’s mission
- Is candid in sharing your ideas and listens to the thoughts and feedback of others
- Persistently pursues excellence by holding yourself to high expectations and seeking the best
- Possesses a growth mindset for learning new things and stepping out of your comfort zone
- Maintains a solutions-oriented mindset when challenges arise.
Are you a recruiter or HR professional who needed more recruiting experience? Are considering a career in recruiting? If this sounds like you, you may be an excellent match for this opportunity! ADDA is a great place to start!
ADDA is creating a new educational resource for newly-diagnosed adults with ADHD. With an ADHD diagnosis, there’s much to learn. It’s hard to know where to start, and even more challenging to apply what you learn. Many newly-diagnosed adults with ADHD are in crisis. They face job loss, crumbling relationships, and money worries. It’s an overwhelming task to even seek professional help. In its “Discover Your ADHD” project, ADDA will provide ADHD “first aid.” We have extracted lessons for “ADHD beginners” from our experts’ Webinar archives. We want to create online training that goes beyond presenting information. We must encourage and help participants put in place new behaviors. We are seeking volunteers for two leading roles in the project:
- eLearning Instructional Designer: ADDA is seeking an elearning expert. You will help us fill the skills, knowledge, and attitude gaps of newly-diagnosed adults with ADHD. Using content from ADDA’s Webinar archives, you will create learning experiences to help adults with ADHD close those gaps. ADHDers struggle, not because of a lack of information, but because of an inability to act on what they know. It is not enough to present information. We must create clear and meaningful content that helps adults with ADHD cross the “implementation gap.”
- WP CourseWare Developer ADDA is seeking a WP CourseWare developer. You have technical skills and a capacity for creativity and innovation. You will work with lessons extracted from ADHD expert-led Webinars. We’re counting on you to create an engaging online experience. The user experience must be clean, clear and attractive. Lessons include video, audio and text content. Your creative use of gamification encourages learners to engage, learn and apply what their learn.
- Project Leader: to track project progress, help determine what needs to be done, and assign writing, editing and other tasks to volunteers.
- ADHD @ Work Content Writers: to help write some of its Website pages as a first phase and eventually write articles occasionally.
- ADHD in the Workplace Presenters: The stigma of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is still very present in the workplace so we created a presentation about ADHD in the workplace. This 45 to 60 minute Powerpoint presentation helps business executives and managers understand the impact of ADHD in adults, the challenges employees with ADHD may face each day at work, how employers can help mitigate these challenges and the return-on-investment an employer will see by helping employees with ADHD. Build your business and your reputation as an ADHD professional in your community. We have created a Facilitator’s Guide to help you present Managing ADHD in the Workplace in your area.
Many of the biggest challenges adults with ADHD face stem from struggles finding and keeping work where they can make a valuable and valued contribution. Our team’s objective is to reach out to everyone struggling with ADHD in the workplace, on both sides of the equation, employer and employee, providing information and building awareness.
If you want to make a REAL difference in the lives of adult ADHDers, and you have the skills we’re looking for (or you’re committed and willing to learn) we want to hear from you! We need people to fill the following positions:
ADDA Newsletter and Content Writers
ADDA’s Insider newsletter is always looking for writers. We need people who can conduct interviews, tell stories and write articles. These typically run between 800 and 1,200 words, and focus on issues adults with ADHD face. We aim to create hope by providing concrete, actionable solutions to common problems, up-to-date information related to recent research, and empowering ADHD success stories.
ADDA is seeking volunteers with experience in non-profit fundraising to help ADDA develop new and recurring sources of funding including donations, grants and sponsorships from members, partners and corporations. ADDA is a non-profit, volunteer-run organizations. We do not receive any government funding. For ADDA to continue its essential work, we need sustainable revenue.
ADDA is looking for copywriters. If you have a knack for writing compelling messages that encourage people to join, contribute and donate through advertising, sales pages, landing pages, affiliate marketing and more, we’re looking for you. If you have an interest in writing copy or persuasive text, ADDA could be the perfect place to hone your skills as a volunteer, and if you’re a professional copywriter who is also an adult with ADHD, this is the perfect way to give back to your community.
The ADDA college committee is seeking members with expertise in working with young adults at the college or university level or with younger students (15 years and older) preparing for the transition from high school to post-secondary studies. We love to have college students themselves help ADDA meet the needs of the student community. If you’d like to help ADDA reach and support young adults learning to succeed on their own, we want your help.
Are you a Social Media whiz? Do you like to keep people engaged and connected? If so, you can make a difference in the lives of those with ADHD by volunteering on ADDA’s Social Media team. We are looking for people that already are familiar with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. As a part of the Social Media Team, you will help us share funny memes, pull information from the ADDA website to post on our social media and regularly add relevant content to help keep our pages fresh!
Submit Your Application
If any of the above ADDA volunteer positions appeal to you, please complete the complete our online form. An ADDA board member or committee chair will contact you to make sure we match you with the right task and committee based on your interests and expertise. If you want to do something to help ADDA but you’re not sure any of these positions is up your alley, please complete the Volunteer Form anyways and we’ll find a good fit for you. If you answered yes to any of those questions, you are just the person we’re looking for! Whether you want to test the waters by taking on just one job or you love to look at the big picture and plan strategically for the long haul, ADDA has a place for you.
Questions about volunteering? Email us at email@example.com.