Registration is now open for the 2017 International Conference on ADHD.
November 9th – 12th, 2017
ADDA members save an additional $60!
- Connect with hundreds of other adults with ADHD like you
- Discover the latest in ADHD treatments, advancements, research, and
- Network with leaders, top professionals and organizations in ADHD
Spark Insights that Change Everything
Hello and welcome! My name is Duane Gordon. I’m an adult with ADHD, and the President of the Attention Deficit Disorder Association (ADDA). I’m inviting you to join me in Atlanta, Georgia in November 2017 for the International Conference on ADHD.
As an adult with ADHD, you know the symptoms. You’re inattentive and distractible. You have trouble starting tasks, lack follow through and procrastinate. You struggle to control your emotions and you can’t get organized.
You know the consequences of adult ADHD too well… poor job performance, marital difficulties, financial struggles and more (so much more).
But the worst thing about adult ADHD is going through it alone. You struggle daily… sometimes you win, more often you suffer setbacks… but always, you do it alone.
If You Ignore It, It Just Gets Worse
What do you do when you’re diagnosed with adult ADHD? Most people ask their doctors, visit their library and search Google. But for most people, none of that works.
- It’s shocking how little most doctors know about adult ADHD (if they believe in it at all!)
- Books are great, but they’re written for the “average” adult with ADHD, and you feel anything but average!
- And searching the Web does reveal the occasional nugget, but it’s buried deep between “ADHD cures” from snake-oil charlatans and accusations of laziness from ADHD deniers!
And what happens if you just do nothing? If you just keep doing what you’ve been doing? Your life slips away. Your dreams and ambitions crumble like a seawall battered by a hurricane. Your self-esteem is damaged; you feel shame and you lose confidence.
The Loneliest Fight: Living with Adult ADHD
Your loneliness, and desperation, grows. No one gets you unless they have adult ADHD too. And since we don’t wear “Adult ADHD” uniforms, hats or badges, we’re isolated, alone…
We know others face similar challenges. It’s logical. But… logic doesn’t cure loneliness.
How I Found My Tribe and Changed My Life
I attended my first ADHD Conference in 2005 in Tucson, Arizona. I went with Linda, my wife… I was lacking in confidence I never would have attended alone!
Like many of you, I learned of my ADHD as an adult. My daughter’s diagnosis happened in school and mine followed as we learned about ADHD. While there was a sense of relief knowing at least there was a reason for my struggles, I hid my ADHD out of shame.
I’d heard about the Conference, but I wasn’t sure… to be honest, I was afraid. Then a good friend, another ADHDer said, “Duane, go to the Conference. It’ll change your life.”
She was right.
Attending that first Conference was life changing. Surrounded by hundreds of fellow adults with ADHD, I realized I was not alone. I soaked up more information in four days than I’d learned in months, even years, before the Conference…
That was the first step in a transformation that continues today. I was shy, anxious and lonely. Today, I’m ADDA’s president.
There’s more to the story, but I’ll save that for another day. Every journey starts with a single step. For you, as it was for me, attending an ADHD Conference might be that step.
Finally, I was “home.” This was my tribe. I found people who get me, and a place I could be myself. My wife and I were sitting in the audience as Sari Solden wrapped up her famous “Sheep Shame” keynote. I turned to Linda and said, “From now on, no matter when, no matter where, no matter how much it costs, we’ll be at this Conference.” Linda agreed.
And as Robert Frost would say, “That has made all the difference.”
It Worked For These People, and It Will Work For You
You know how powerful attending the Conference was for us… And it’s not just us.
Finally, It’s Your Turn
ADDA has teamed with CHADD to create the International ADHD Conference. This four day event will take place in Atlanta, Georgia, November 9 to 12, 2017. When you come to the Conference, you’ll…
- Unlock the secrets to career success with ADHD! Learn the most effective job accommodations. Discover how to profit from your entrepreneurial superpowers! Hone your social skills and advance your career.
- Discover how to get more done in less time. Create your own sustainable lifestyle for ADHD, and have the people in your life help! Uncover and correct the three mistakes you’re making around time management. And we’ll share secrets for improving your focus, your productivity and more!
- Master your medication. Delivery systems control the speed and timing for getting medication to your brain. Discover which one is best for you, and learn how to manage your ADHD medication so you can use your brain all day long!
- Control your ADHD without medication. Not all adults with ADHD can or want to take medication. Discover proven treatments, strategies and lifestyle choices. Learn how to take charge of your ADHD without prescriptions.
- Prepare for all things post-secondary. Are you getting ready for college? Are you returning to college? Are you helping your children get ready for college? You’ll find everything you need for succeeding in the post-secondary world with ADHD.
- Healthy nutrition and weight control are more challenging when you have ADHD. Even eating disorders are more deadly when you have ADHD. Discover what you need to know to get on the right track!
- Empowering women with ADHD. Connect and share sure-fire strategies for women with ADHD. You’ll discover why women with ADHD continue to be misdiagnosed and what to do about it. You’ll also learn how professional women can find their ADHD tribe, and why it’s imperative you do!
- It’s never too late to live better with ADHD. Learn to cope with later life diagnosis. We’ll help clear the confusion for midlife and senior ADHD adults.
- Ever feel no one likes you? Success depends on getting along with people. Learn to read a room and practice strategies in social situations so you can be on your best behavior.
- Learn how to choose the right coach, ask the right questions and know what to expect. Take a coaching “test drive” and find your ideal coach right at the Conference.
- Surviving marriage when one partner has ADHD. Learn how to create a thriving relationship for couples with ADHD in the mix.
- And so much more! There really is something for everyone!
It’s Decision Time
You have a choice to make: Do what you’ve been doing (or worse, do nothing at all). You know where that will lead. Is that where you want to go? Take a new action, and get a new result.
You are at the mercy of your ADHD. Until you take charge of your adult ADHD, you can’t take control of your life. Stop stumbling around in the dark. Come to the Conference. The latest ADHD treatments, advances and research shine a light and guide your path.
And you won’t be alone. Connect with leaders, top professionals and organizations in the ADHD field. And connect with hundreds of adults with ADHD like you.
Which do you really want for yourself? Here’s what to do now…
- Remember, there’s a special discount for ADDA members. Not a member? Join ADDA today and save $60 on the full Conference!
- Go to the International Conference on ADHD site and click the “Register Now” button.
- Choose your Conference Pass and change the counter to indicate how many passes of each type you want. (ADDA members attending the entire Conference choose “Member – General Conference – Early Bird Rate”)
- If you have a special promo code, enter your code in the field at the bottom of the price column and click the “Apply” button.
- Click the “Order Now” button and complete your registration and your payment.