Leaders: Caroline Maguire, Megan Shrade, Bethany Febus, & Heidi Smith
Dates: April 9, 16, 23, 30
Time: 8pm ET/ 7pm CT/ 6pm MT/ 5pm PT
Sessions: 60-75 minutes
Caroline Maguire, M.Ed., PCC, author of the groundbreaking book, Why Will No One Play With Me? for kids with ADHD, Caroline agreed to create a workshop for ADDA to show adults with ADHD how to coach ourselves to read people’s motives and moods.
Using her book, Caroline will reveal how you can apply exercises she created for childr3en with ADHD to improve their social skills to improve your own interpersonal skills. We’ve often heard, “Everything I need to know about success, I learned in kindergarten.” But what if you missed those lessons?
How you interact with others determines your potential for success in every area of your life. It’s never too late to learn the essential art of getting along with people.
This 4-part workshop will lead you through social skills coaching with lessons, materials and activities straight from Caroline Maguire’s Amazon best-selling book, Why Will No One Play With Me? Learn to coach yourself into a winning mindset and develop the self -talk to guide you to improve your social relationships. This is social learning in action.
This book club/workshop is FREE for ADDA members! Buy the book, join the workshop. Discover the lessons you might have missed or forgotten in kindergarten. Turn them into mastery of essential art of getting along with people as an adult with ADHD. The material in the workshop is based on Why Will No one Play With Me?
Participants will need the book for all 4 sessions and to complete their homework. Participants can purchase the book here:
Also available in AUDIO book!
- Shift your mindset and work through stories from the past. Your anxiety and emotions interfere with your ability to read social cues and cope with impulsivity. Develop a step-by-step plan to address your specific social challenges while exploring the rules of the social world.
- Learn to self-regulate and manage your emotions so you can pay attention to crucial social cues. Identify your triggers. Learn to read your emotional states. Understand how they affect your relationships.
- Learn to read social cues, context and people’s moods. Anticipate people’s motives and take an inventory of the people you know so you can learn to read them. For homework take field trips and work on reading the room using the specific lessons and guidance from Why Will No One Play With Me?
- Identify the signs of interest from others in pursuing a friendship versus kindness and friendly behavior and learn how to navigate the pace of a relationship, read the other person and build healthier relationships.
- Improve your social skills in daily life step-by-step.
- Complete hands-on activities to develop new skills.
- Better understand your ADHD, your social struggles and how to improve your social interactions.
Learn and practice social skills together and discover techniques and strategies you can use to improve your social relationships now, and for the rest of your life. This is social learning in action.
Group Leader Information
Caroline Maguire, ACCG, PCC, M.Ed. – Bio
Caroline Maguire, ACCG, PCC, M.Ed.
Caroline Maguire, ACCG, PCC, M.Ed. has helped hundreds of adults with ADHD who struggle to fit in socially. Her dedication, passion, and efforts are a direct result of her own struggles to fit in as a child with ADHD and dyslexia. Caroline has been a resource for many journalists as well as leading ADHD organizations. She appears in publications such as U.S. News & World Report, Huffington Post, ADDitude, Attention Magazine and WebMD.
Caroline has been on the cutting edge of her field for the past ten years. Caroline earned her PCC from the International Coach Federation (ICF). She is the founder of a new and innovative training curriculum designed for the ADD Coaching Academy. The curriculum is the only comprehensive Family Coach Training program accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Megan Shrade – bio coming soon
Bethany Febus – bio coming soon
Heidi Smith – bio coming soon