CHICAGO: SATURDAY APRIL 6, 2019 | 5PM – 9:30PM
Are you a woman in or seeking recovery from substance use issues, codependency, abuse, trauma, disordered eating or other life challenges – or – do you work with or advocate for women in recovery?
SHE RECOVERS is an international movement of women (self-identified) in or seeking recovery from a wide variety of issues. We create welcoming spaces and transformative opportunities – online and in real life – to connect, support and empower recovering women. In 2019 we will be bringing our philosophy, our energy and our offerings to seven cities across North America, starting in Chicago on April 6th, 2019!
Grab your favorite female friends and join SHE RECOVERS and Presenting Sponsor Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation at the Ukrainian Institute of Modern Art for an evening of connection and inspiration. We will:
- Learn about the passion and purpose of SHERECOVERS from Founder Dawn Nickel (PhD)
- Mingle, connect and create community with other women while enjoying hors d’oeuvres and a selection of teas from our Supporting Sponsor White Lion Tea Company
- Hear local inspirational speakers Ericka Glorious Moore (Author & Overcomer Specialist) and San Francisco Changemaker Paula Williams (Creator of the SHAMEBOOTH Project)
- Meet Chicago-based SHE RECOVERS Coaches and find out more about upcoming SHE RECOVERS activities planned for the Chicago area (Meetups and Sharing Circles)
- Enjoy a complimentary skincare sample package from our favourite skin care company no b.s.
- Close off the evening with a candlelit, gentle and heart-opening Hatha yoga practice with Taryn Strong (RYT and Co-Founder of SHE RECOVERS). If you plan to stay for yoga, please bring a yoga mat.
- Watch for news and updates on this event in the coming weeks!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org