Leaders: Michel Fitos & Keith Griffin, AAC
Sessions: 90 minutes
Dates: Sunday Evenings, 9/10 & 9/24, 10/8 & 10/22, TBD Live Group & 11/26, 12/10 (last of year), 1/14/2018 & 1/28/2018
Time: 8pm eastern/7pm central/6pm mtn./5pm pacific
ADDA is offering a peer support group for members who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Trans, Queer, gender nonconforming, and/or Polyamorous. We provide a safe place for people to give and receive support and encouragement. Each of us has a unique journey discovering how we are not neuro-typical and in finding our place in relationships.
Given how polarized the world has become we thought ADHDers like us would crave the support found only in community. This group is the brainchild of the ADDA Board Members Keith Griffin, AAC (group co-leader) and Dr. Michelle Frank.
You don’t have to figure out ADD/ADHD on your own, talk to people just like you.
Do you have trouble with procrastination? Losing your keys? Forgetting? Planning? So do we.
This is the group for you if you:
- Feel alone or hopeless
- Do not know another adult who is like you and has ADHD
- Want to connect to people like yourself and maintain your privacy
The ADDA virtual peer support group paradigm:
- Join meetings from the privacy of your own home
- Participate at your own level, listen or talk
- No one way works for everyone, be open to the strategies shared by peers
- Adapt tips, tools and advice to work for you
Topics can include:
- Relationship explorations that include non-monogamy,
- Executive Function and emotional regulation/social skills,
- Tips, tools and habits for the ADHDer