Now in two flavors!
1) Parents of children over 18-years-old
2) Parents of children under 18-years-old.
- This group is for ADDA members that are parents raising children.
- We invite parents who have ADHD and/or parents of children who have ADHD.
- Raising children is challenging… raising children with ADHD (yours and/or theirs) is even more so!
ADDA’s Parent Support Group offers:
- phone-accessible encouragement;
- the ability to source other parents facing similar challenges;
- the comfort that comes from knowing you are not alone.
We encourage parents through active sharing. During each session we offer relevant information on a multitude of parenting topics such as the impact of social skills as well as information on Executive Function skills including:
- emotional regulation
- time management
This is a safe, non-judgmental space for sharing tips, tools, strategies, and/or frustrations.
We are committed to attendees feeling more understood, less alone in their parenting struggles, and more equipped and empowered to be the parent they would like to be.
Meetings are held on Wednesdays from 12 p.m.- 1 p.m. EST.
Please mark your calendars with the May and June schedule for ADDA’s Parent Support Groups.
Group Leaders: Diana Wallace, Mindy Schwartz, Laura McMinn-Larson and Patty Blinderman
Sessions: 60 minutes
▪ 1st & 3rd Wednesdays focus will be on Over 18-year-old children. Upcoming dates: May 3rd & 17th, June 7th & 21st
▪ 2nd & 4th Wednesdays focus will be on Under 18-year-old children. Upcoming dates: May 10th & 24th, June 14th & 28th
Time: 12pm eastern/11am central/ 10am mountain / 9am pacific