As an adult with ADHD, I’m no stranger to ‘putting my foot in my mouth.’ So many times, I’ve said something inappropriate that leaves me embarrassed and my audience horrified. When I ask for help, their response is always something like, “It’s easy. Read the room!” There must be a secret decoder ring that lets them understand these ‘social cues’ and I was in the wrong line when they were handing them out! If this sounds familiar, you’ll love Caroline Maguire, M. Ed.’s latest workshop! Having social confidence starts with having a reliable plan… and that includes reading the room.
I hope you’ll join Caroline for a unique ADDA experience using her latest TEDx talk, “Becoming a Social Spy: How to Read People Using Observational Learning,” reveals the powerful way neurodiverse people can learn to “read the room,” find common ground, and understand others’ perspectives. This simple method can help anyone build stronger relationships.
Social Spying is an easy strategy to help you navigate social situations with confidence. Caroline will lead you through the methods revealed in her Ted Talk to help you learn to easily read people in any situation.
Learn practical social skills like:
- How to Social Spy in a new situation.
- Practice zooming in and coming out on people’s body language.
- Check your assumptions and spy to learn what is really going on.
- Practice on the people in your life to predict their motives, reactions, patterns, etc.
- Observe the situation’s mood, tone, members, energy, etc.
- Sharpen your understanding of how others interact.
- Demonstrate how to read people and places fast with one step.
- Recognize how to use social spy to interpret social cues.
- Discuss how observing others is key to learning to meet people and make friends.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 76 minutes
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 62
- Assessments Yes