Ask Sari: What kind of professional should I look for to diagnose ADHD?


  • Subscribe to the ADDA Insider
    and get our Starter Kit as a Bonus!

    I understand that in submitting this form I will be subscribed to ADDA's mailing list. I’ve read and accept the terms & conditions

    1. Reply

      Needs to be able to get high school diplomas

    2. Reply

      I have yet to be diagnosed by a health professional that I have ADHD. Finally, its your comments – ‘ I’ve always felt “different” and not as intelligent as my peers. My memory is awful and I can’t seem to put information I learn into a permanent mental memory folder. Is there anything else I can do to improve short and long term memory?’ It is like a piece of wood hit me in the head. I now finally believe that I am on the right track. As I am an older female who does need to see a doctor what kind of tests are involved and how do I explain myself. I dont want him or her thinking I am making this up.

    Leave a Comment

    Tips to Declutter Your Desk

    Every ADHDer has their own style. How do you like to work? Do you…

    Filling In the Cracks

    By R.A. I am a 55-year-old man. I’ve suffered from ADHD all my life,…

    Sudden Chaos: How Did We Get Here (and How Do We Deal?)

    By Sue West You’re overwhelmed and you don’t know how you got to this…

    Marcie’s Inspirational Story

    By Annette Tabor As a longtime member of ADDA I’m often reminded of the…

    Could This Be Your Story?

    By Samantha Schmidgall I couldn’t believe ADDA wanted to hear my story! Someone is…

    We All Want To Be Heard

    By Mike Fedel This article looks back at the first year of ADDA’s Non-ADHD…